Science National Honor Society is a national science organization that was established in order to inspire young Americans to become the thinkers of the future. The goal of Science National Honor Society is to:
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankin
The Youngker High School chapter of SNHS was established in the fall of 2013 by Ms. Doskocil. The YHS chapter is dedicated to following the national goal by giving students opportunities to communicate science to younger students, to their peers, and to professionals.
Members of SNHS are students who have excelled in honors science classes as well as their other academic classes. Students must complete community project hours and participate in citizen science to continue in the program.
This blog is a way for students to communicate their experiences as they teach and learn about science.